Harrison' bird bread - plusieurs choix Traduction à venir:
- Provides a healthy alternative for bird owners who choose to prepare their own bird food or those who give regular treats to their birds
- Can be offered instead of table food to birds that like to eat at family mealtimes
- Can be used to assist in converting birds to a formulated diet
- Can be hidden as a foraging reward
- Can be used as a vehicle for administering liquid medications
- Provides an easy-to-use transition for hospitalized or boarding birds until acceptance of the appropriate formulated diet
- Can be moistened and offered to birds that are feeding chicks as a soft food
- Can be used as a weaning food to transition to a formulated diet
Preheat oven to 350Â°F (177Â°C). Combine entire bag of mix with 2 whole organic eggs including the shell (remove yolk for less fat), 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) AVIx Sunshine FactorÂ® or other high quality organic vegetable oil, and 1 cup (235 ml) water. Fill greased bread pan or muffin tins and bake for 25-35 minutes. Do not bake in nonstick (PTFE-coated) cookware, as the fumes are toxic to birds.
- May make up to 30% of the daily diet.
- If prepared with the addition of fruits, vegetables or nuts, Bird Bread should be considered a â€œtreatâ€ and fed only in limited quantities (no more than 10% of the daily food allotment when combined with all other treats).
- Can be served warm.
- Some flavorings (vanilla, maple) or herbs can be added as long as they do not change the nutritional content.
Storage & Shelf Life
Because Bird Bread Mix contains not preservatives, some care is recommended for storage.
- If the bag is opened, the top can be zipped closed or rolled down and closed with a chip clip for 4-6 weeks.
- Bird Bread can be stored for 1 week in the refrigerator and 1 year in the freezer after baking.
- Baked Bird Bread can be divided into portions, wrapped in plastic wrap and placed back in the original Harrisonâ€™s Bird Foods bag for storage in the freezer.
- Bird Bread should not be reheated in a plastic container.
Crude protein (min.) 15%,
crude fat (min.) 8%,
crude fiber (max.) 6.5%,
moisture (max.) 10%
Ingredients *Harrisonâ€™s Bird Foods,Â® *Grey millet, *Safflower, *Sweet corn, Baking powder (aluminum-free) *CERTIFIED ORGANIC INGREDIENT